Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Island of Women


As you can see from our website, our honeymoon is booked!

Adam joined forces with my Dad to plan a trip to Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Located 8-ish miles off the coast of Cancun, the Island of Women is a low key Caribbean getaway with Corona-esque white-sand beaches but with plenty of Dos Equis and Modelo.

As we began thinking about honeymoon locations, we took into account all-inclusive luxury resorts marketed towards newlyweds.

However, smitten with adventure and local color, Adam and I quickly agreed that we wanted the freedom to roam and eat as we pleased with a fair degree of confidence and comfort in where we were staying.

Having traveled to Isla several times with my family (and Sara!) - my parents happened to be on the island when Adam and I decided on it for the honeymoon - the decision was fairly simple.

And thank goodness! Had we waited a few more weeks, we may be facing increased rates and travel headaches as Yahoo Travel recently voted Playa Norte on Isla one of the top 10 beach destinations of 2011.

In all the hoopla, keeping our accommodations a surprise from me was more tricky. My dad accidentally spilled the (refried) beans when he told me Adam made reservations at Na Balam
which is located on Calle Zazil-Ha No. 118, Playa Norte.

Baller.

Until then, I'll be working on my Spanish.

Adios,
BTB

p.s. (upside down exclamation point) Gracias, Adam! Te amo.


No comments:

Post a Comment