Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Linen Stitches

There's no turning back.

The invitations are out!



I've been holding onto these sweet little things since December. They were ordered along with our save the date postcards from Wedding Paper Divas, and we couldn't be more pleased with how both items turned out.

The
5 x 7 invitation is on a textured 110 lb card stock. It looks and feels amazing; just enough weight with a dimpled surface that gives it a fibrous and organic feel.

Invitations are said to set the tone of the wedding, and I believe my "Linen Stitches" hit the nail on the head. They're rustic yet refined, and have an air of shabby chic femininity.

They beckon you one step closer to a garden wedding with white-washed grapevine wreaths, linen table runners and antique glass watcher pitchers.

Paired with my DIY direction cards
(in a complimentary peach tone) and the newly issued "Wedding Roses" commemorative stamp, the invitations were hand-addressed by my mom - who was a Kindergarten teacher for 35 years and has perfect penmanship ;)
We directed guests to RSVP online via our wedding website which did away with the need for RSVP cards and their matching envelope (plus postage!). From what I can tell over the last five days, this decision has made my life a living heaven.

But more on that later!

xo,
BTB


No comments:

Post a Comment