Monday, November 8, 2010

Big Rock Candy Mountain

Ohmygosh, I'm engaged to Adam Brimer!

Overcome with joy and encouragement, we are both (tired and) thrilled!

While hiking yesterday through Big South Fork in northern Tennessee, Adam proposed atop Angel Falls overlook. Amidst the "oh my gosh-es," there was a cheerful YES!

We are lucky enough to have captured the proposal on video which allowed for this screen shot of the bended knee and freak-out hands:



Despite several months, and I mean seh-heeev-er-uuhl months, of (borderline bitter) anticipation, I can say this:
It wasn't a minute too late-- or too soon. It was absolutely perfect. The Lord is so good and faithful!

"And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord," Luke 1:45.

The last 24-hours have passed as a peaceful whirlwind.

Hike --> Freak-out Phone Calls --> Celebratory French Fries --> Video chat with Kimberly and Sam in Roma!! --> Welcome Ben and Audrey from Nashville --> Church --> Freak-out Hands --> Engagement Party -> Freak-out Hands while eating pizza

My head and my heart cannot process quickly enough; it would be most convenient if my sentences were fill-in-the-blank.

But that wouldn't make much for a blog.

Peace & love!

BTB
(bride/brimer-to-be)





1 comment: