Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pre-Franck


Forty-eight hours later and I'm engaged in real time... and fighting the planning bug.

Conveniently, neither Adam nor I had to work the day after the proposal. However, that did not stop me from waking up at 5 am to a stomach full of butterflies and absolutely no frame of reference (sidenote: married girlfriends are such a blessing).

Throughout the day, Adam and I continued to run into simple joys...

- remembering to call each other "fiance"
- signing up for brimerwedding@gmail.com (I admit, that was MY joy)
- ecstatically realizing we'll get to register for a new hand mixer - but let's just be honest, it's all or nothing!
- sweetly asking permission before jumping to assumptions

Over lunch today, I purchased a 1.5" bright red binder with 10 pocket divider tabs. Although we've set a three-day no planning grace period, we'll begin a conversation tonight with Carrie Jo to prepare for the 239,847 decisions that lay ahead.

In the words of one dear cousin, "It's not about the cheese tray."

In my own words: One tab down.

Actually, I have eliminated two tabs: Cheese Tray & Get-away Car.

Can I just say.. MY FUTURE FATHER-IN-LAW OWNS AN AUSTIN-HEALEY THAT IS IDENTICAL TO STEVE MARTIN'S IN FATHER OF THE BRIDE.

Oh, sweet mercy. Done and done.

If this is what planning looks & feels like... then, bring it on.

Love,
BTB


No comments:

Post a Comment