Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I put a ring on it - heck yes!




















We're engaged!!!

Oh... that was over a week ago... sorry for the delay folks!

Unlike my lovely fiance, I am not the best at keeping up with blogging. This, however, may be my great return to the blogosphere.

The photo above was taken just moments before I popped the question.

I had known for weeks and weeks that I wanted to propose in the mountains. Just a week and a half before on Oct. 26 I asked her father for permission. Two days later I drove (secretly of course) to Morristown, my hometown, to pick up the ring. Needless to say the next week and a half were agonizing.

I kept the ring hidden in my apartment where Kate and I hung out several times during that period. A couple of times I had to run out to the car to get something or would go to the grocery store and would have to leave Kate alone with the ring. I kept thinking, "I hope she doesn't find it!"

The day before I proposed, Kate and I were getting ready in my apartment before going to a wedding. She might deny this, but I could have sworn she eyeballed the exact spot where the ring was. My heart skipped a beat, but not because I was scared she knew. It was because I knew what I was about to do the very next day.

It was a fun game keeping certain people in the know while keeping Kate completely out of the know. I think it was a success. :)

Moving on...

Last night our parents met for the first time as we had dinner in Morristown. It was funny because Kate and I had just watched "Meet the Fockers" the night before. As I watched Dustin Hoffman practice his capoeira in the front yard while his wife, Barbara Streisand, taught a special version of yoga, thoughts rushed through my head about what kooky things my/our parents might do upon meeting.

Needless to say, everything went well and nothing mortifyingly embarrassing was revealed. Maybe that'll happen at the rehearsal dinner!

Cheers.

HTB (husband to be)





No comments:

Post a Comment