Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmastime

Through sniffles and sneezes I await the Christmas holiday. I head home tomorrow afternoon to snowy Virginia (double yay!). Joining me for the ride is another Virginia/Knoxville bride-to-be! I look forward to her company and conversation.

On Monday Adam and I exchanged Christmas presents for the first time as fiances; second time ever; and last time before we're Mr. and Mrs.

Honestly, I couldn't have asked for anything more on top of the joyful and thrilling engagement. Christmas came early this year -- at least the gift part!

Thankfully, Adam's presents didn't try to compete with the sparkling one I now permanently wear. Let's be honest, how could it?

Regardless, I don't think I could have taken another feminine, delicate, blushingly romantic gift. Therefore my new Carhartt overalls, hiking socks and winter gloves speak to my heart in a different tone.

My gift to Adam (above) played off his 2009 gift to me. This Timex made exclusively for JCrew has been burning a hole in my pocket since Nov. 1. It's now in its rightful place: on Adam's wrist.

Gifts aside, Christmas will be flighty this year. We're both celebrating with our families, however I will join his crew after my parents leave on the 26th for a trip to Mexico.

I'm anticipating it all to feel rushed and surreal. However, I'm (desperately) hoping to enjoy my last Christmas alone with my parents.

With stinging eyes,
BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment