Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mother of the Bride

Preface: I'm sorry for the confusion in having to remove the last post about my dress fitting. It bums me out, too! However, I wasn't thorough in my fact checking, and I risked almost outing myself. Enough said.

Instead, I want to share with you the handiwork of my mother who is in her element as Mother of the Bride/wedding planner/creative director.

She certainly wears a lot of hats - stylish ones, at that!

As far as theme goes, we are envisioning a shabby chic rustic wedding, one that blends perfectly with the cobble stone & gardens at the Maple Grove Inn.

Therefore, Mom is currently white-washing grape vine wreath after grape vine wreath, and creating a gorgeous floral, twiggy, tulle-y spray on the top.

I absolutely love it and am already thinking of what we'll do with 14 wreaths after the wedding!

But most of all, I am thankful for her care and precision in carrying out the vision we've cast for this celebration.

She absolutely floored me when she revealed the "Mr." and "Mrs." signs that will hang on the back of our chairs at the reception.

The handkerchiefs belong to my dad, which she then tea-stained and hand-stitched. They are just the cutest little things. I can't wait to find a place to them in our house when all is over and done with.

Don't you wish you had a mama like her?!

Love,
BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment